How can we successfully launch a new business line?
A non-profit specializing in mediation services and conflict resolution training sought advice on setting up a new business line, with the goal of generating revenue outside the traditional donor and grant funding model, to support both operations and new programs. The project explored the strengths and weaknesses of the business model, including the value proposition.
Center for Dialog & Resolution: CDR of Pierce County, WA, is an independent non-profit committed to making affordable mediation, settlement conference, training and consulting services available to its community. Visit CDR.
- Business Model Map
- Value Proposition Analysis
- Market Research: Pricing and Bundling
- Operational Considerations for Business Line Launch
- Delivery Partner Interviews
- Summary Report with Recommendations
- Confirmed viability for the new business line
- Ability to mitigate weaknesses in the business model
- Pricing data on which to build a financial model
- Knowledge of pain/gain points for delivery partners and strategies to address them
- Confidence in decision to move forward with investment in the new business line