How can our emerging leaders make more business-minded decisions?
The management team of a small green design business saw that they could improve their profitability if their emerging leaders could learn to think more strategically. In the process, these employees would gain collaboration skills and make better decisions on behalf of the business.
Paladino & Company: This consultancy has made a name for itself as a key expert in sustainable and green building practices, helping architects, developers, and building owners to use sustainability and green building as a business tool. Visit Paladino & Company.
- Assessed learning needs and goals
- Developed a strategic thinking course curriculum and supporting materials
- Delivered the training to selected staff over 4 training sessions conducted over 10 weeks
- Coached teams working on a practicum challenge to develop a strategy to solve a “live” business challenge
- Staff understanding and appreciation of the importance of strategy as applied to conduct with clients, business planning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Increase in business-minded decisions and reduced incidence of tactical or “knee-jerk” decisions