How can we take action on our commitment to sustainability?
A global resource extraction company made corporate commitments to put sustainability principles into practice. As a result, the company sought to develop a streamlined process for integrating sustainability considerations into major capital projects around the world.
Confidential Resource Extraction Company: This client operates resource extraction sites around the world, providing jobs for local communities and raw materials for a variety of industries. Its sustainability commitments are long-standing and robust.
- Developed a sustainability decision/planning framework closely aligned with the safety/risk framework familiar to employees
- Designed a 2- to 3-day, multi-stakeholder workshop process for identifying sustainability issues and opportunities specific to a given project
- Facilitated application of the decision/planning process at 12 capital projects in the U.S. and internationally
- Refined the process using feedback obtained from each project team
- Ability to carry out the company’s sustainability commitment on its most visible and impactful capital projects
- Documentation for each project, demonstrating thoughtful evaluation of risks, opportunities, and a plan for addressing each
- Ability to demonstrate performance improvements or activities in annual sustainability reporting.