How can sustainable land development attract companies to Ireland?
Always seeking to develop land holdings in ways that compete for and attract companies to set up operations in Ireland, the Irish economic development agency wanted to understand which strategies from green building and sustainable land development could be used to support their mission.
IDA Ireland is an economic development agency of the Irish government, working to promote the country as a place for companies, both large and small, to set up business operations. Visit IDA Ireland.
- Toured selected IDA Irelands office parks and undeveloped lands to evaluate opportunities
- Researched and summarized case studies showing which credits of the USGBC’s LEEDTM green rating system could help attract foreign direct investors (companies) to Ireland
- Research and summarized case studies demonstrating a range of land development strategies that the IDA could use to better attract companies to Ireland
- Prepared the summary report and presented it to IDA decision-makers
- Client gained a shortlist of the land development strategies most likely to support their mission to attract companies to locate in Ireland.